Saturday, April 18, 2020

Chapter Fifty-Seven: I Meet Admiral Nemo (again?)


Chapter Fifty-Seven


I Meet Admiral Nemo (again?)



I went to the address on the letter.  It was a busy warehouse by the docks in Port of Baltimore.  Workers were coming and going.  The letter said to ask for Peter Mammers.  I asked a harried looking woman with a clipboard.  She signed and pointed to the office sign.

I went in the office.  There was a secretary at the reception desk.

“Hi, I have an appointment with Peter Mammers,” I said with a smile.

“Sure, I’ll take you in to see him.”

And in a moment, we went through some more doors and there, in a very large tank of water, was Admiral Nemo.  I got a flash of recognition at the sight of the dolphin.

I heard the words, “Welcome, Alex.   It’s good to see you, again,” inside my head.  It was weird.
“Hey,” I said aloud.

“It’s been a few months.  We’ve been worried about you.  Word is you and the Golden Speedster took each other out.  I’m glad that’s only half true.  Why haven’t you reached out to us?”

“Amnesia and loss of powers,” I replied.  “I just got my speed back, and I’m only starting to get flashes of memories back.  A lot of stuff I’m not clear on.”

“I see.  That explains the situation.  When do you think you’ll be able to get back to work for the Society?”

I hadn’t even thought about that.







(c) Copyright 2020 Diana Hignutt

No comments:

Post a Comment