Monday, April 20, 2020

Chapter Fifty-Eight: Selling England by the Pound


Chapter Fifty-Eight


Selling England by the Pound



If I had to rank the great prog albums of Genesis, from worst to best, I’d go like this:

First, they’re not really Genesis on that first album, so I don’t count it, also, I don’t count anything after Steve Hackett, their brilliant guitarist leaves, some gems sure, but not proggy enough for our purposes.  I do generally prefer the Peter Gabriel fronted Genesis to the Phil Collins fronted Genesis.

 So:

7. Trespass
6. Wind and Wuthering
5. Nursery Crime
4. Trick of the Tail
3. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
2.Foxtrot

And the best Genesis album is 1. Selling England by the Pound.

Now, most people who have an opinion about such things, prefer Foxtrot or Lamb.  I know what I like, and I like what I like.

Try and remember that, it’s going to be important later.





(c) Copyright 2020 Diana Hignutt

No comments:

Post a Comment