Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Chapter Seven: First Interview with the Inboard Super Suit AI


Chapter Seven

First Interview with the Inboard Super Suit AI



  
“Your name is Alexander Donkers.  You are known by the name Dr. Velocity or, more commonly, the Dark Runner. You were born in the year 2010, in Baltimore, Maryland.”

The voice came from speakers inside the suit next to my ears.  It was a simulated woman’s voice, almost human, but with that unmistakable hint of synthetic inhumanity.

“2010? Wait.  What year is this?”

“It is 2022.”

“Um, then I’m…twelve?”

“You are thirty-eight years old in biological years.  You have time traveled back to 2022 from the year 2148.”

“Why?”

“In order to battle your arch-rival, the Golden-Speedster.”

“Why can’t I remember anything? And Who are you?”

“I am your suit’s Inboard Automated Assistant.  I’m an AI. You can call me Clarity.  As to why you cannot remember anything, I am not certain.  I am analyzing that data now.  Most likely, it is a temporary side-effect from an adverse Velocity Field interaction.”

“So, wait, you’re saying…that I’m a supervillain?”

“You are a founding member of the Secret Society of Supervillains.”




(c) Copyright 2019 Diana Hignutt

No comments:

Post a Comment