Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Chapter Sixty-Four: No Time to Spare

Chapter Sixty-Four

No Time to Spare

 

 

 

There was no time to spare.  Usually, that would be ridiculous coming out of my mouth.  But the Superluminal Assassin was Will Simms and shit just got real.  He was a crazy version of Will from the future, out to kill me to stop some event he found objectionable enough to kill for.  Will was a no kill rule kind of guy.  He fancied himself too high and mighty to take another person’s life.  But not anymore.

He was almost as fast as me, and he was out to get me. And he was serious about it.

How much of my future did he know?  That was the question.  He knew where I was going to be on at least two occasions.  What else did he know?  How did he find out?  Could have tortured me in the future to find out where I was now?  Does all this shit get erased if he then kills me, because future me couldn’t have been tortured to give the information if I were already dead, right?  Makes me dizzy sometimes trying to navigate the intricacies of time travel.

The real, most immediate question was: did the former Golden Speedster know where I was staying?  How crazy was that bastard?  Would he hurt Jill and Jackie?

Couldn’t take that chance.  Had to get them out of there and somewhere safe.

There wasn’t going to be anytime to explain.  I was going to have rush in there pack some shit for them, grab them and get them both someplace that deranged speedster would never think to look.

But where?

Just then Clarity said through the earpiece, “I know just the place.”

“Where?”

“1971. You have friends there, remember?”

“Now you’re thinking, Clarity.”

“Thank you, Alex.”

And we were gone.  Off to a house party in 1971, and safety.

 

 

 

 

© 2020 by Diana Hignutt


No comments:

Post a Comment