Monday, February 10, 2020

Chapter Thirty-Two: I Don't Think Like You


Chapter Thirty Two

I Don’t Think Like You



I don’t think like you.  No speedster does.  We can’t afford to.  When the world is going by like a superluminal blur you can’t be all “hum de hum dum.”  No offense.  But that’s what we think of what you all call thinking.  Which is to say, not much.  Our brains must process information at fantastically impossible speeds.  It is hard for us to think as slowly as you do.

Now, add memory.  Yeah, spoiler alert, I do evidentially get it back, and I remember everything.  Every goddamn thing.  But, anyway, memory.

Memories.  We don’t remember things chronologically.  I don’t.  You don’t.  We just experience memories about disparate events at different in our lives.  That Fourth of July picnic in your teens.  Christmas morning when you were ten.  When your college girlfriend dumps you.  That time at work.  Whatever.  Whenever.

So, my thoughts are going infinitely fast, littered with memories dancing here and there.  Ripping me apart at a thousand times the speed of light.  It’s all very disjointed and quantum. The way I’m telling you my story is indicative of the way I think and remember.

So, there’s that.





(c) Copyright 2020 by Diana Hignutt

No comments:

Post a Comment