Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Chapter Sixteen: My Fourth Encounter with the Golden Speedster

Chapter Sixteen

My Fourth Encounter with the Golden Speedster




Will was in his speed workshop in Red Dwarf Labs when I sped up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder.

“Hey, Will.”

In a Flash, Will zipped around.  He was in street clothes with a lab coat.  To say he wasn’t happy to see me, would be an understatement.

“Dark Runner.”

He was trying to look his coolest.  He was worried though, you can’t hide that.

“What’s going on, Will?
“You tell me.”

“Relax,” I said.  This is a friendly visit.  I’m just here to chat.”

“You’re a maniac.  I have nothing to say to you.”

He was defiant.

“Cool, then listen.  I know we’ve just met recently from your point of view.  But, from my perspective we’ve been battling for years.  I have hated you for what seems like ages now.  Mark your calendar, October 19, 2022, not long after sunrise. That’s the date of our big battle in Washington Park.  Our final battle.  The end of our conflict.  The day you die, Will.  Keep the date, buddy.”

He was shook.  Damn, he looked stupid.  On the way out, I grabbed a piece of tech that was on the Society’s wish list.





(c) Copyright 2019 Diana Hignutt

No comments:

Post a Comment