Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Chapter Sixty-Eight: Massacre at the Secret Society of Supervillains

 

Chapter Sixty-Eight

Massacre at the Secret Society of Supervillains

 

 

Anton Mirsk was dead.  His corpse, clad in his robotic super suit, crumbled to the floor.  It happened so fast no one knew what was happening or why, not even me.  A nanosecond later, Hocus Pocus went down.  Then Nemo, with his tank exploded around him.  The rest followed before I could blink.  And I blink pretty quickly.

In less than a second, every member of the Secret Society of Supervillains was dead, with three exceptions:  Prankster, Psychonaut, and me.  The other two didn’t come to the meeting, so they were spared.  That left me, as the only survivor of the massacre that was too fast for even me to see.

How was that possible?  Who could have taken out the league just as we were ready to begin our masterplan?  Who would have known where we were and what we were up to?  Someone on the inside, of course.  Now the absences of my two colleagues made sense.  But who had that kind of speed?  Neither one of them was a speedster.  Could they be working with crazy, future Alex?  Wait, Alex wasn’t that fast.  Or, at least, he hadn’t been, before.  What the fuck the was going.

Why didn’t they kill me?




(c) 2020 Copyright by Diana Hignutt

No comments:

Post a Comment